Friday, March 2, 2012

imagine **SWV and Frosted Designs**

My husband and Brandon in May of 2011 at the wedding if Hannah (Harris) and Mike Bush.  It was a really hot and sunny day for an outside wedding, but it was lots of fun.  Most of the Reed family was there so it was fun to see all the cousins play at the wedding.

I took this photo of the two of them and I just love it because you can see the profile of both of them.  How similar they look, and how cute and content they are sitting together, Daddy with his little boy, just "Two of a kind".

I made this layout with my Scraps with V kit.  This is one of 2 layouts that you can purchase the supplies for and create!!  Instructions and pictures included!!

I love the balance of the white of the building in the background with the white on the page, and I played up the touch of blue and brown to go with the hints of blue and brown in the photo.  To help offset the "whitness" of the background cardstock, I splattered brown paint and also drew faux stitching around the photo and respective blue paper.

I also created this layout for the Frosted Designs Friday Challenge to use numbers.  I played with the subtitle of "two of a kind" and then I also added the date of "5/11".  Pop on over to Frosted Designs and play along!!

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! I love all the distressing, great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always love the combo of light blue and dark brown! There's just something about that...
    I'm so happy to be playing along with such talented lady!
    Hugs,
    Liva ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the doodling and the paint splatters Erin! Gotta love flowers on a boys layout too! Great photo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priceless photo capture so well with this beautiful LO. Gotta love the doodling, too! New to FD family so am making the rounds today becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...