Friday, October 19, 2012

Swim team **FD**

My son Morgan was on swim team this past summer of 2012.  He loved it.  He was in the 6 and under category so he only swam the 25 free and the 100 free relay.  He really improved so much this year and he loved playing with the other kids.


I created this page for Frosted Designs and their Sports/Dance challenge - so hop and over and play along!  I went for a non-traditional idea for a sports page, but it works!  I did not want to use the die-cut circle page in the usual way, in the center of the page, so i cut it and off centered it using the right side as my picture area, and the left for my title and journaling.


For the title I layered the chipboard letter on top of strips of paper matted in white, and on top of the large flower for a more dramatic effect.  I off centered the letter on the strips and also the alignment of the strips to each other to keep the feel of the page.


Under the photos I added a strip of white paper and then a rub-on of teal lace.  Over that i added a fun swirly effect of bakers twine and finished it off with a cute butterfly chipboard sticker.

Enjoy!!

Erin Reed

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I love that you cut the die cut paper and off set it on the layout! I also adore the way you did the journaling!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...