Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's a Boy **Susan K. Weckesser**

 I have a baby shower that I am going to this weekend, and it is for a boy!!  I love to make handmade items for people on special occasions such as this, so here is my special card for such a special baby.
 

I just love the colors of teal, turquoise, tan, and white - it looks so clean and fresh, just what I think of new babies.  I had fun with all the layers and textures here, from die cuts to ribbon, flowers, chipboard, and Susan K. Weckesser Stamps.

http://www.susankweckesser.com/welcome

I used the horizontal line triangle stamp from the "Celebrate the simple things" stamp set by Susan K. Weckesser, stamped it in light brown ink on tan Core'dinations paper and then cut it out and place it in the background of the card.  I added a bit of twine from May Arts Ribbon across the top of the triangle banner and added little knots to the end.


I then took the "Create your Day" stamp from the below stamp collection by Susan K. Weckesser and stamped just the "your day" portion of the phrase around the card in random places, as it is the baby's day for he is about to be born (and also for his parents).

http://www.susankweckesser.com/welcome



Supplies Used
Cardstock - Core'dinations
Patterned Paper - Simple Stories
Punch - Martha Stewart
Die Cuts - Spellbinders
Inks/pearls/glitter - Ranger
Ribbon/Fibers - May Arts Ribbon
Chipboard - Memory Maze and Other
Stickers - Momenta
Flowers - Prima
Brad - Recollections
Stamps - Susan K. Weckesser

Enjoy!!

http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...