Sunday, August 31, 2014

memories **Birds of a Feather**

I have spent the last 5 years as a stay at home mom with my kids.  It is the hardest job I have done; no breaks, no holidays, no sick days, but endless hours of fulfillment knowing that I am doing the best thing I can do for my children, be with them.  The days are long and there are fights, tears, grumbles, lost shoes, messy floors, dirty clothes, home cooked meals, long morning cuddles, midnight wake ups, and endless hug.  I would not trade these days for anything!!


Here is a layout made with the beautiful August Birds of a Feather Kit.  I did a ton of fussy cutting on this, with lots of paper layers and some pretty bits and bobs of embellishments including the super cute gems!!


I used one of the Chalkboard tags and use it for a journal spot with  the Chalk Pencil.


I took the chipboard butterfly and applied white gesso to the top, then when it was dry I added in some of the glitter dots to make it pop.

Cardstock - Core'dinations - Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Patterned Paper -  Kaisercraft & Marion Smith- Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Chalkboard Tags - My Mine's Eye -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Glitter Dots - KI Memories -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Sequins - Hazel & Ruby -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Grey Alpha Stickers - American Crafts -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Trim & Jewels - Mon Ami Gabby -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Chipboard - Fabscraps -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Chalk Pencil - General's Pencils -  Birds of a Feather Aug Kit
Metal - Prima
Resin - Melissa Francis & Prima
Twine - May Arts Ribbon

Ink - Prima
Gesso - Prima
Adhesive - Scotch & Beacon
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...