Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pure Joy **Robin's Nest**


On this past 4th of July we went to see some fireworks at a friend house.  This was the fist time that Catherine would be able to see them without being a tiny baby.  She loved watching them whiz up and go "bang", but most of all she loved playing with all the kids.  I got this picture just before the night fell upon us as she was sitting in Daddy's lap looking as happy as can be, some of the best moments you could ask for!!


Here I used some of the wonderful papers and Dew drops from The Robin's Nest. For more info about how I used the Robin's Nest products on this layout please see the Robin's Nest blog.

I used two different types of Core'dinations cardstock for this layout.  The first type I used was the 12x12 Jillian Dot Spotted Cardstock Paper Pack in dark brown.  I did two different techniques to this paper to show is versatility.  

http://www.coredinations.com/http://www.coredinations.com/

The first was to sand it down with the Core'dinations Sand It Gadget shown above to show the lighter brown on the dots.  I used this as my "frame" to the layout.  


I took the same dark brown Jillian dot paper and used Brushed Corduroy Ranger Ink along the top of the paper to make the dots darker.  The ink gives the cardstock just another added bit of texture and interest. I also distressed the edges of the paper and inked them the the same ink.



Below you can see both Jillian Dot Spotted Cardstock pieces sanded and inked for a added bit of difference to an already wonderful paper.




http://www.coredinations.com/

Here is the two pieces I used in my layout layered between the patterned paper, cardboard, and embellishments.  I used the same Sand It Gadget from above to make random sanded sections of the paper, the portions that would show in the layers below the picture.  I then used the same Brushed Corduroy Ranger Ink along the edges of the cardstock after I distress them with a distressing tool.

 
Below you can see a section of this sanded cardstock below.  The sanding of the cardstock just make it pop off the page!!

 

I love these cute little moments caught off guard of my family enjoying the day with friends watching beautiful fireworks fill the sky.  Life really can be filled with Pure Joy!!

Supplies Used
Ink- Ranger
Flowers/leaves - Prima
Metal - Prima & Momenta
Chipboard - Memory Maze & BoBunny
Photo insert - Kaisercraft
Burlap/lace - May Arts Ribbons
Cardboard - Other
phrase Stickers - Heidi Swapp
Mists - Clearsnap & Ranger
Doily - Recollections
Pen - Recollections
"Love" - Recollections
Enjoy!!
http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...