Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cub Scout **Paper House & Unique Laser Designs**

My oldest son Morgan is a cub scout.  This is a picture of him as a wolf cub (second year) holding the spirit flag that his den won that month for having the most kids go to the Report to State.  They got to march down in Austin up to the capital building then get a tour.  So proud of my scout and my wonderful husband for being the den leader!!



I used the wonderful products from Paper House to create the layout.  They have wonderful papers and sticker that are all a Cub Scout theme, which makes making a layout of a little scout so easy!!  I paired these stickers and papers with some of the wonderful diecut stickers and Cork'd stickers, they all just work so wonderfully together!!

http://www.paperhouseproductions.com/shop/scrapbooking/scrapbooking-all-items.html

Direction for making this Layout
  1. I used the Cub Scout blue paper as my background and layered it with a cream cardstock cut to 11 x11.  I then added in another square (9x9) of yellow paper from the PH Garden paper pack and a cardboard paper (8.5 x 8.5).
  2.  I used a second sheet of blue cub paper cut to 7 x 5.
  3. On top of that I did a series of strip papers all measuring 12 in long, but varying in widths blue and yellow (some from the Generations Paper pad).
  4. I then added in some other rectangle shape of papers behind the picture in cream, cardboard, and tan.
  5. I inked every layer in brown ink, and then added a diamond stencil and blotted the same brown ink around the page.
  6. I used a blue and brown misted and lightly misted and splattered around the page.
  7. I attached the picture (4x4) and then cut out the Cub Scout logo from the blue paper and used it as a embellishment.
  8. Above the picture I create a banner of little pennants in all the colors used in the layout (varying lengths and widths all layered on top of each other).
  9. I added in the stickers, journal strips, and embellishments as shown.




I used the wonderful wood stars from Unique Laser Designs to add to the accents of the page. They were just the perfect touch for this page.

http://www.uniquelaserdesigns.com/#!product/prd1/1770439155/stars-%28lg%29


I first treated the stars by inked the edges with a chalk ink in a brown, just to soften the edges and make them look a bit distressed.  


I then treated the stars with one of two centers before placing them on the layout.  For three stars I took the small scout emblem sticker and placed it in the center.  The other three stars I placed a green pearl in the center.




Supplies Used
Wood - Unique Laser Designs
Cardstock - BoBunny
Papers - Paper House Productions & Kaisercraft
Cork – Paper House
Pearls – Doodlebug
Ink – Prima
Stencils – UmWow
Mists – Tattered Angels
Adhesive - Scotch and Beacon
Trimmer & Scissors - Fiskars
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...