Friday, June 19, 2015

Father's Day/Masculine Cards **Paper House & Die~Namites Dies & Xyron w/DCWV**

I wanted to create some fun but simple Father's day cards with the wonderful supplies from Paper House, Die~Namites Dies and the NEW Project Stack Stencils from DCWV and the Xyron tools to hold it all together.  I ended creating 4 cards with the same technique with 2 Father's Day cards and 2 masculine cards that I ended up giving to my son's baseball coaches as "thank you" cards.





I used the Paper House "Dad Tags" 12 x 12 paper cutting out 4 tags and the centers for my cards, but look at all those other amazing tags you can use for pocket pages, scrapbook pages, mini books, or more cards!!  I used the companion page of Paper House "Dad's Plaid" in the grey tons as the back ground for my cards.  I then used 2 Rub-On Transfers in "Happy Moment" and "Make Today" as the titles on 2 of the blank "Dad Tag" cards.  The Paper House Rub-On Transfers work with so many projects, they are just amazing!!!

http://www.paperhouseproductions.com/

I used the wonderful Die~Namites Die in "Spring Doily' as a backing to the tags on the card.  This die can be used in so many ways, even masculine cards!!  I used the DCWV Stencils Project Stack papers to add to the layers in kraft cardstock, green zig-zag, and orange stripe.  I then used 4 of the card size stencils from the back in "x's", dots, diagonal lines, and horizontal lines. 

http://www.die-namites.com/

http://diecutswithaview.com/


To hold everything together I used the amazing Xyron adhesives - even making my stencils "sticky" using temporary adhesive with the Creative Station so they do not shift and slip when using them on paper.

https://www.xyron.com/en-US/

Below is a video tutorial about how I made one of the cards and how to make the "Sticky Stencils".


Here are some close up pictures of the cards.

 
 

Don't forget to thank the men in your life, even if they are not father's!!

Supplies Used
Card Base - Canvas Home Basics
Patterned Papers - Paper House
Paper Pad - DCWV
Stencil - DCWV
Rub-Ons - Paper House
Pen - Copic
Ink - Prima
Die  - Die~Namites Dies
Die Machine - Cuttlebug
Adhesives - Xyron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...