Monday, January 18, 2016

"Love of Crafting" Desk Organzier Box **Deflecto & Xyron w/ Basic Grey**

I am in need of storage for my crafty supplies and tools.  Up to this point I have been using cups, jars, tins, and vases to store my various supplies.  They look great but are too small, too wide, too tall, not sturdy, and they are all over taking up to much of a footprint.  Lastly, I did not do anything to them to make them "me".  Now I have a single organizer on my desk (from 3 down to 1), it has 8 separate storage units, and I altered it to make something pretty to look at on my desk!!


Here is a video about I made this super cute little desk organizer for my scrap table!


I used the beautiful "dear HEART" Collection from Basic Grey for this organizer.  Seems odd that I may have used a "love" themed paper pack, but then I thought the love theme does not have to just be about a person, it would be about something I love to do, and crafting is right up there at the top of the list.  So my box is all about my love for crafting!!!

6x6 Paper Pad, Journaling Stickers, Element Stickers, Journaling Card Sheet

This is one box of the Deflecto Stackable Cube Organizer "X" Divider.  I used two of these units side by side attached wit the provided clip to hold them together.  You could add ad many of these unit together as you want, just keep clipping them, you can can them a large box, or more of a liner unit, completely up to you!!
http://www.deflecto.com/products/pc/Craft-Storage-c174.htm

I used the Xyron Mega Runner  to hold all the papers together, but then I used the Creative Station with the 5" Laminate and Permanent Adhesive on the back to make each section stronger, water proof (well really mist in my case), tear resistant, and prevent it from peeling apart. 
https://www.xyron.com/en-US/
Here are some up close shots of the organizer with and without supplies in them.  The bonus to this unit is I get bored with the designs of the papers I used, I can also pull them off redo it and make a brand new look for myself!  I could even make different looks for each season, Valentine's is already done now!!






I all about organizing this month - how about you?!?

Supplies Used
Box - Deflecto
Papers - Basic Grey
Stickers - Basic Grey
Adhesive - Xyron
Laminator - Xyron
Paper Trimmer - Fiskars
Scissors - Fiskars
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this as I'm all about organizing and being able to reach things without having to get up. Lol. Pretty and functional ��

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...